Wednesday, December 27

Christmas Wishes

Timed with annual leave and then straight onto Christmas Shifts, things have been a little hectic round here! I know its a couple of days late but I hope you all had a very merry uneventful Christmas Day.

The run up to Christmas is usually a 'run-down', calls tickling in seeing that most arsonists are busy buying/nicking presents. The only incidents that never relent are RTC's.

However, this year was different. I think I may have even forgot that I was wearing tinsel around my headset and a flashing Santa badge. We have been busy in the run up, on the 'big' day (so I have been told, I was lucky this year with not having to work it!!) and now the in-betweeny period. Over the last few days we have had..... 10, 6 and 4 pump fires, 1 male deliberately setting fire to themselves, firefighter injuries, numerous serious RTC's, lock outs stating the turkey is in the oven and 1 very special person rang up at 0100hrs to request a smoke detector! I think they were more surprised than we were that someone actually answered their call!!

Right then, I am off to carve a bit more turkey onto a plate full of pickle, home made chips and bread sauce. Skirt feeling slightly tighter but I am sure it is because I accidentally put the wash on a hotter temp this week. New Year, new diet, new resolutions to be broken.......

Wishing you all the best for 2007

5 comments:

Cogidubnus said...

Have a good break Miranda and here's to a Happy and More Smoke-Free New Year

Kyle said...

Have a merry new year from me in the Libyan Sahara!

Unfortunately, I'm working all the way through the festive period, 7 days a week, till end January. Must think of the money and sunshine!

Anonymous said...

This seems a long break...you ok?

Anonymous said...

I'D GIVE UP BLOGGING IF I WERE U...EVIDENTALLY U HAVE !!!!

blimeyoriley said...

hi,i was just after a bit of advice actually.i have applied for a position of fire control operator and i am waiting to hear back.if i am not successful can you recommend anything i could do for next time a vacancy come up that would better my chances? thanks very much