Monday, November 7

Industrial Action - Coming to an Authority near you soon!

As news travels across the country about impending industrial action (again) within the fire service I thought I would add my support.

The latest brigade to be balloted for IA is West Midlands Fire Service. I believe they are due to walkout on Monday 14th November at 1800hrs until 2100hrs.

Its never an easy decision to make and I feel for all those involved. The last strike, which affected all brigades, was tough but I supported it 100%. Mistakes were made and very hard lessons learned. As a result of this action all brigades had to come up with an action plan. Known as the IRMP this was basically a way of saving money.

London, Nottinghamshire and Greater Manchester are all brigades that are having tough times and they deserve support aswell.

Good luck to my comrades in West Midlands for Monday. I believe negotiation is due to take place this week and my fingers will be firmly crossed for a successful outcome without the need to strike. However, if management continue to 'bully and harrass' the decent hardworking members of the UK Fire Service then BRING IT ON!


No comments: